“Live grace, speak truth, right wrong, follow the King.”
- Bergen County Society (BCS) is really a “place for grace” where men experience real care for each other – and where that experience becomes the motivation to change the way they live.
- Bergen County Society (BCS) is about men enjoying true friendship in an environment of trust and acceptance. It is a community of brothers.
- Bergen County Society (BCS) is a place that honors Jesus and seeks genuine fellowship with Him.
- Bergen County Society (BCS) succeeds only when these authentic friendships allow men to discover that they are valued for who they are, not for what they do.
- Bergen County Society (BCS) has learned that these authentic relationships grow best when the common strength of all the members becomes a platform for acts of grace in the community.
- Bergen County Society (BCS) is not an inwardly-focused, self-help group – although many men find real healing within the Bergen County Society (BCS) framework – but Bergen County Society (BCS) does encourage personal transformation in authentic community.
- Bergen County Society (BCS) is not focused on evangelism. It is focused on helping each other experience personal transformation through our relationships with each other and with Jesus and helping each other become the husbands, father and leaders God intended us to be. All of this begins within the group, but it soon spills over into the community where we live and work.
- Bergen County Society (BCS) is simply living the second great commandment as ordinary men in ordinary life with an extraordinary purpose. To that end, Bergen County Society (BCS) expects men to have a positive impact on their families, their communities, the marketplace and the world.
- Bergen County Society (BCS) believes in acting out the words of Jesus, “I no longer call you servants. I call you friends.”
All of this is summarized in our motto (loosely borrowed from Lancelot), “Live pure, speak truth, right wrong, worship the King,” and in our battle-cry (borrowed from Maximus), “As one!” Live grace: We encourage and help each other to experience personal healing and transformation with Jesus and then act accordingly. Speak truth: We encourage transparent friendships where we are open about ourselves and our weakness and are not afraid to speak truth to our friends to help them heal and become what God meant them to be. Right wrong:We impact our families, communities, the marketplace and the world by doing what is right and standing openly against wrongs, even at risk to ourselves. Follow the King: Everything we do honors and glorifies the name of Jesus. As One: Alone, we will easily be picked off. We can face anything in community with each other and Jesus.
About the New Canaan Society
Over 25,000 men are part of the National NCS movement across 60 chapters. Each chapter meets weekly or bi-weekly has its own flavor and is directed locally.
Every year men gather together in larger groups at either the National retreat weekend or at several regional retreats across the country. More information on regional or National events can be found on our website at www.newcanaansociety.org