Welcome to NCS Denver
NCS is a network of men joined by a common desire for a deep
and abiding friendship with Jesus, and lasting and transparent friendships with each other.
We Meet the Last Tuesday of Each Month
7:00 AM – 8:30 AM
Various Locations in the Denver metro area
New Canaan Society – Denver
NCS Denver is a chapter of the National organization. NCS Denver was started in about 2014 with the help of Ken Philbrick and Lew Visscher. Ken and Lew were business friends and had known each other for many years prior. Nearly every time they connected with each other they broached the topic of bridging their fast-paced work careers with their Christian backgrounds. After some time had passed, they finally decided to start a men’s fellowship group. They extended invitations to business professionals in the Colorado community and a first breakfast was held in downtown Denver on December 3, 2013 with about 25 participants.
They did not know what would come next but in January 2014, Ken was in New York and met Tom Cole, NCS Chapter Leader. As they were meeting for dinner, a friend told Ken he should start the New Canaan Society Chapter in Denver, Colorado. Ken discussed the idea with Lew, Jim Lane and Tom Cole. After some prayer and reflection they decided to move forward and start the Denver Chapter of NCS. It has been a crawl, walk and then run effort ever since and currently has over 600 members and hosts monthly chapter meetings throughout the front range and has successfully planned and hosted 3 annual retreats in Beaver Creek, CO.
The vision for NCS Denver remains the same and that is to bring Christian men closer together to share experiences, stories, joys, struggles and pains. We strive for a place where men can feel comfortable sharing their faith regardless of their struggles. We encourage all men that are either starting their faith, sharing their faith and/or strengthening their faith to join us.
If you are interested in learning more please email Ken Philbrick at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Mark Reister at email@example.com with questions or set up a time with them. If you would like to be a member (and being a member is just being our email list) please send an email to NCSDenver@gmail.com asking to be added. Information about any upcoming events are on the “Meetings” page of this website.
We would love to have you join us!
New Canaan Society – National
We are a group of men who gather together to encourage each other in friendship and faith and to support each other to be better husbands, fathers — and better men — in the marketplace and in our communities. Friendship at NCS happens through our regular meetings in local Chapters across the country.
A few times a month, we gather in restaurants or other common ground to be together with other guys and hear a speaker — one of our own or a guest — share a personal story that enlightens, encourages or challenges us.
NCS chapters are guided by a few simple principles:
- All men are welcome, but NCS is a gathering for men only.
- NCS is a “safe place” and in this, we take a cue from A.A. – “what is said here stays here.”
- We meet on neutral ground (attractive, convenient locations like restaurants, country clubs, offices and homes… and we avoid meeting in church buildings.)
- Membership is free to all. There are no dues or fees to be an NCS “member”.
- Any organization that we have is very “flat.” We have no paid chapter leaders. (We view NCS as a movement, not as a formal organization.) This also keeps anyone from dominating and controlling a chapter and its direction. Our model is volunteer leadership teams instead of paid leaders.
- Our leadership comes from the marketplace. (Some church leaders & pastors attend, but they are not the leaders of any NCS chapter.)
- All of our chapters are always open to anyone at anytime, and easily found. And we have no closed groups or “secret handshakes”.
NCS Nationally is over 25,000 men are part of the National NCS movement across 60+ chapters. Each chapter meets weekly or bi-weekly has its own flavor and is directed locally.
Every year men gather together in larger groups at either the National retreat weekend or at several regional retreats across the country. More information on NCS, regional or National events can be found on this website at www.newcanaansociety.org