- This event has passed.
1/31/20 Energy Group Friday (at the Sugar Bowl)
January 31 @ 7:00 am - 8:15 am
It’s about doing life together, being there for someone else and having men there for you–come get energized with your brudders.
Details for January 31 Energy Group Friday:
- Doors open at 7:00 AM—please arrive for a prompt 7:15 AM start.
- Groups will be asked to conclude by 8:15 AM.
- Coffee and breakfast are ordered individually. You don’t have to order breakfast–feel free to bring yourself–just SHOW UP!
- $0.00 if you are just having coffee or tea (its on us)
- $5.00 donation suggested for bagel/muffin/pastry and coffee
- $10.oo donation suggested for breakfast sandwich and coffee
- $15.00 donation suggested for breakfast meal and coffee
Q: How do I get involved in an Energy Group? A: Easy–just “show up” We will meet at the Sugar Bowl at 7:00 A.M. (please be on time) and order coffee and breakfast sandwiches. Existing Energy Groups are welcome to come but you don’t need to have an Energy Group to participate. We will be forming Energy Groups of the brudders who show up, with a couple designated facilitators in each group. Bring any friends you want to have in your Energy Group. “Show up” and give it a try! It may change your life (or God may use you to change someone else’s).
What is an Energy Group and why is it an important part of being an NCS “brudder”? At the 2010 NCS Retreat, NCS Founder Jim Lane shared his vision of the importance of Energy Groups to the mission of NCS. At its most foundational level, NCS is about friendship, and Energy Groups (groups of 12 or less men–ideally 4-8–who commit to meet regularly and to live authentically and transparently with each other) are where lasting and transparent NCS friendships develop—just like at those early meetings in Jim’s home. It’s not a Bible study (and being in a Bible study is no substitute)—it’s about getting real, speaking truth and “showing up” for each other.