- This event has passed.
10/22/21 Chapter Friday with David Montoya (IN-PERSON and Virtual)
October 22, 2021 @ 6:30 am - 8:15 am
On October 22, the brudders of NCS New Canaan will gather IN-PERSON as a community of men for some fellowship and fun. We will welcome brudder David Montoya. David is an entrepreneur, a venture capitalist, an investor, a lawyer and a devoted Dad. David calls his talk “Following Jesus (One Less Sin at a Time)”.
IN-PERSON CHAPTER FRIDAY
Come join your brudders at the Ten Twenty Post Oyster Bar and Bistro.
- Breakfast begins at 6:30am.
- Meeting begins promptly at 7:00am and will conclude no later than 8:15am.
- Cover charge- $20
- As with all NCS events, attendance represents a commitment to honor our gatherings as a “safe place”–“everything said here stays here”. (It goes without saying that no cameras or recording devices are permitted.)
- We will NOT be requiring vaccine “passports” or policing mask requirements. If you are not comfortable, please consider the ZOOM option. ALL BRUDDERS ARE ASKED TO COMPLY WITH LEGAL AND ANY TEN TWENTY MASK REQUIREMENTS, WHETHER YOU AGREE WITH THEM OR NOT.
VIRTUAL CHAPTER FRIDAY
- We will try to broadcast the speaker on Zoom. NO GUARANTEES!!
David Montoya is the co-founder and CEO of Saugatuck Brands, Inc. and founder and partner of Seaview Capital (“Seaview”) and its affiliated investment funds and holding companies. Mr. Montoya’s responsibilities at Seaview include oversight of all operations and in-house general counsel, where he is responsible for investments, M&A and add-on acquisitions. Previously, Mr. Montoya was a principal at Silicon Alley Venture Partners (“SAVP”), a venture capital fund in New York City. Mr. Montoya’s portfolio companies included Cosential, LivePerson and Flooz, among others. Mr. Montoya was a founding investor in Stemline Therapeutics, Inc. Prior to joining SAVP, Mr. Montoya was the Director of Investments at the New York City Investment Fund (“NYCIF”), a private investment fund created by Henry Kravis and Jerry Speyer. Mr. Montoya’s portfolio of companies included Right Track Recording, IntraLinks, StarMedia and TheStreet.com, among other investments.
Prior to joining NYCIF, Mr. Montoya was an attorney specializing in mergers and acquisitions at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher and Flom LLP and a CPA at Ernst & Young LLP working in the financial services audit group and the M&A tax group. Mr. Montoya sits on the board of directors of Symco Group, Inc., Kent Brands, LLC and Genutec Business Solutions, Inc. Additionally, Mr. Montoya was COO & CFO of a public company on the NASDAQ National Market.
Mr. Montoya received his undergraduate degree in Finance from St. John’s University, his MBA from Columbia University Graduate School of Business and his JD from New York University School of Law. Mr. Montoya is a CPA and an attorney.
David is the proud of father of three children (Max, Teddy and Maggie).