- This event has passed.
11/5/21 Chapter Friday with Kevin Butcher (IN-PERSON and Virtual)
November 5, 2021 @ 6:30 am - 8:15 am
On November 5, the brudders of NCS New Canaan will gather IN-PERSON as a community of men for some fellowship and fun. We will welcome brudder J. Kevin Butcher. Kevin is a pastor and author. More importantly, he will be the Spiritual Guide at the 2021 NCS New England Retreat!
IN-PERSON CHAPTER FRIDAY
Come join your brudders at the Ten Twenty Post Oyster Bar and Bistro.
- Breakfast begins at 6:30am.
- Meeting begins promptly at 7:00am and will conclude no later than 8:15am.
- Cover charge- $20
- As with all NCS events, attendance represents a commitment to honor our gatherings as a “safe place”–“everything said here stays here”. (It goes without saying that no cameras or recording devices are permitted.)
- We will NOT be requiring vaccine “passports” or policing mask requirements. If you are not comfortable, please consider the ZOOM option. ALL BRUDDERS ARE ASKED TO COMPLY WITH LEGAL AND ANY TEN TWENTY MASK REQUIREMENTS, WHETHER YOU AGREE WITH THEM OR NOT.
VIRTUAL CHAPTER FRIDAY
- We will try to broadcast the speaker on Zoom. NO GUARANTEES!!
J. Kevin Butcher has been a member of NCS Grosse Pointe and was a lead pastor for 35 years in three very different kinds of churches and communities. First – a small rural church – then an urban/suburban church that became quite large – and finally, a very diverse, urban church located in a tough, gritty Detroit neighborhood. He now serves as the Executive Director of Rooted Ministries (www.rootedministries.co)
Kevin is passionate about helping believers live in authentic community — across racial, socioeconomic and all lines of division — learning to truly love one another in the chaos of real relationships, learning to celebrate our differences, learning to stay together even when we don’t like one another – so that the world will see a living picture of Jesus Christ.
Kevin also is passionate about helping believers find freedom from childhood wounds — the ones that often keep us trapped, living addictively and in deep dysfunction – unable to experience true freedom in Christ.
He has written numerous articles and shared the message of the Father’s love in twelve different countries. Kevin is the author of the recently-published book Free: Rescued from Shame-Based Religion, Released Into the Life-Giving Love of Jesus.
Kevin now lives in Colorado and has been married to his best friend Carla for thirty-eight years. They love their three grown daughters, sons-in-law, and grandchildren.