12/18/20 Virtual Chapter Friday with Dr. James Tour
December 18 @ 7:00 am - 8:15 am
On December 18 at 7:00am (EST), we will join together in a “virtual” gathering for fun and fellowship.
Our special guest will be Dr. James Tour, a chemist, nanotechnologist, Biblical scholar and Messianic Jew. He serves as a Professor of Chemistry, Professor of Computer Science, and Professor of Materials Science and NanoEngineering at Rice University. Professor Tour is also the founder and principal of NanoJtech Consultants, LLC, performing technology assessments for prospective investors.
Click HERE to read Jim‘s full bio.
Simple Instructions for Joining the Virtual Chapter Friday:
- A few minutes before 7:00am (EST) on Friday, (1) click THIS LINK on a device with video and sound (computer, iPhone, iPad, Android), (2) download the Zoom app and (3) use the sound through the same device.
- If you can’t do that (e.g., can’t download the app, need to use device for video and call in for sound on a separate phone or just want to call in without video), then read below.
More Detailed Instructions
We learned some valuable lessons from our first Virtual Chapter Friday.
- HOW: You will be able to join from a PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone or Android device, or just a phone (but you won’t see anyone). Best experience is to join using the Zoom link, download the Zoom app and then use the same device for video and sound. See below for important tips if you can’t do this.
- IMPORTANT TIPS: Here is what we learned the hard way:
- AVOID GETTING LEFT OUT: You can’t be put in a breakout room if you join using Zoom in your web browser. Either download the Zoom app on your device or just call in to a phone number.
- AVOID A SPLIT PERSONALITY: It is best to join either just by phone call or using a video device and using the device’s own sound. If you connect with a video device (computer, smartphone) and must separately call in to a phone number for sound, it is CRITICAL to “bind” the two pieces of your call together–otherwise, your video will be in one breakout and your sound will be in another (arguably even more surreal than the Covid-19 crisis). You bind them by finding your “Participant Code” in the video link and entering it into your phone as #code#
- CONNECTION ALTERNATIVE
- Dial-in at +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
- Meeting ID: 883 5411 0436
- Password: 1020
PS Ten Twenty Post is open for outside dining. If you are healthy and hungry, please consider going there for a meal (our local businesses need support).