2/26/21 Virtual Energy Group Friday
February 26 @ 7:00 am - 8:15 am
Because we think it would be hard to enforce proper distancing in our meetings, we have decided the most caring and responsible thing to do for our brudders (particularly those over 60) and the Sugar Bowl staff is to go “virtual”. It’s still about doing life together, being there for someone else and having men there for you–just not in person.
Simple Instructions for Joining Virtual Energy Fridays
- A few minutes before 7:00am on Friday, (1) click THIS LINK on a device with video and sound (computer, iPhone, iPad, Android), (2) download the Zoom app and (3) use the sound through the same device.
- If you can’t do that (e.g., can’t download the app, need to use device for video and call in for sound on a separate phone or just want to call in without video), then read below.
- At 7:15am, we will hit a button and Zoom will magically break us into virtual “breakout rooms” of 3-4 brudders. You will then only see and be able to speak to your group.
- Between 7:00am and 7:15am, we will see a video or two. Don’t be late!
More Detailed Instructions
We learned some valuable lessons from our first Virtual Chapter Friday.
- BREAKOUTS: At 7:15, we will hit a button and Zoom will magically break us into virtual “breakout rooms” of 3-4 brudders. You will then only see and be able to speak to your group. Usual procedures apply. If you are late, we can add you to a room, but try to be on-time.
- IMPORTANT TIPS: Here is what we learned the hard way:
- AVOID GETTING LEFT OUT: You can’t be put in a breakout room if you join using Zoom in your web browser. Either download the Zoom app on your device or just call in to a phone number.
- AVOID A SPLIT PERSONALITY: It is best to join either just by phone call or using a video device and using the device’s own sound. If you connect with a video device (computer, smartphone) and must separately call in to a phone number for sound, it is CRITICAL to “bind” the two pieces of your call together–otherwise, your video will be in one breakout and your sound will be in another (arguably even more surreal than the Covid-19 crisis). You bind them by finding your “Participant Code” in the video link and entering it into your phone as #code#
- CALL-IN ALTERNATIVE
- Meeting ID: 866 568 712
- PW: 1020
- +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
If you are healthy and hungry, please support Bob, Tony and all our friends at the Sugar Bowl.