6/17/22 – 9/2/21 Summer Energy Group Fridays (at the Club and on Zoom)
June 17 @ 7:00 am - September 2 @ 8:15 am
From Late-June until Labor Day we take a break from Chapter Fridays and gather every Friday for Summer Energy Fridays at the Club (formerly known as the Sugar Bowl). This year we will again have a Zoom call available for those who can only meet virtually. It’s about doing life together, being there for someone else and having men there for you–come get energized with your brudders.
NCS New Canaan IN-PERSON Energy Friday at 7:00am
NCS New Canaan VIRTUAL Energy Friday Sept 3 at 7:00am
- This will NOT be with people meeting in-person–it will be a separate Zoom meeting for those who want to meet virtually
- LINK TO JOIN
Details for Summer Energy Group Fridays:
- Doors open at 7:00 AM—please arrive for a prompt 7:15 AM start.
- Groups will be asked to conclude by 8:15 AM.
- Coffee and breakfast are ordered individually. You don’t have to order breakfast–feel free to bring yourself–just SHOW UP!
- $0.00 if you are just having coffee or tea (its on us)
- $5.00 donation suggested for bagel/muffin/pastry and coffee
- $10.00 donation suggested for breakfast sandwich and coffee
- $15.00 donation suggested for breakfast meal and coffee
Q: How do I get involved in an Energy Group? A: Easy–just “show up” We will meet at the Club at 7:00 A.M. (please be on time) and order coffee and breakfast. Existing Energy Groups are welcome to come but you don’t need to have an Energy Group to participate. We will be forming Energy Groups of the brudders who show up, with a couple designated facilitators in each group. Bring any friends you want to have in your Energy Group. “Show up” and give it a try! It may change your life (or God may use you to change someone else’s).
What is an Energy Group and why is it an important part of being an NCS “brudder”? At the 2010 NCS Retreat, NCS Founder Jim Lane shared his vision of the importance of Energy Groups to the mission of NCS. At its most foundational level, NCS is about friendship, and Energy Groups (groups of 12 or less men–ideally 4-8–who commit to meet regularly and to live authentically and transparently with each other) are where lasting and transparent NCS friendships develop—just like at those early meetings in Jim’s home. It’s not a Bible study (and being in a Bible study is no substitute)—it’s about getting real, speaking truth and “showing up” for each other.