Last week’s Chapter Friday’s contained quite a few nuggets to remember (or catch-up on if you missed it) about identifying your “calling” and becoming the “you” God designed you to be (the talk is available by clicking HERE).
Sajan George, founder and CEO of Matchbook Learning, shared the story of how a movie started him on a journey that led to leaving his very successful consulting career (in the middle of a recession) for an “idea”. Sajan also transparently shared how this leap led him to face some big fears and how God’s love brought him through. Here are a few highlights:
- Sajan has come to see “calling” as a journey rather than a destination–a way for us to become better and better versions of ourselves that get closer and closer to God’s best vision for us.
- He finished by walking through a framework for exploring the unique path where your God-given excellence (skill), a redemptive edge (a need in the world that you can impact) and frustrations you may be feeling (a sign of your passion) converge.
- In pursuing a vision, we will undoubtedly have to face fears–faith is our way through.
- As we pursue a God-given vision, we should look for the elements of “story” so common to the best movies and novels.
- A PDF of Sajan’s “calling” framework is also available by clicking HERE.